From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 13:45:07
1 On 17/10/19 12:57, Dale wrote:
2 > I couldn't figure out why cleaning out old cruft that shouldn't change
3 > anything would trigger updates but it did. My mask file is short so
4 > almost all changes were to the package.keyword file. I could understand
5 > if I removed something and it wanted to downgrade packages but I
6 > couldn't figure out why it was stopping it from upgrading.
7
8 Old cruft. Does that include old versions of current packages? In that
9 case, it's possible that stuff was still linked to it and that stuff
10 needed to be upgraded before the cruft could be removed.
11
12 Yes, I don't see why that should be the case, but it could ...
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol