From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something weird and I'm confused. BIOS and SATA is empty
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:56:31
1 On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 08:47:07 -0500, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > > Are you saying then that every time you download new source files you
4 > > have to create or cp new localversion* files in /usr/src/linux/ for
5 > > this auto-numbering to work?
6 >
7 > Yeah, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a
8 > way to automate this that I just haven't bothered to learn.
9
10 There is, but the file is called .version. The contents of this are
11 appended to the kernel name when you have the relevant options set. There
12 is no manual intervention needed.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell her she has the right to remain
19 silent?