From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update gentoo without network
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 07:10:36
1 On Monday, January 18, 2016 07:52:08 AM Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2 > I have gentoo system A (~x86) on a network that does not allow portage
3 > access to internet due to some authentication issue. System B (~amd64)
4 > is on another network with no such restrictions.
5 >
6 > To bypass the restrictions I made a copy of A on a removable media,
7 > chroot into it from B and 'emerge-webrsync; emerge --fetchonly' from
8 > there. Then attach the media to A and overwrite /usr/portage with the
9 > updated one from the removable media.
10 >
11 > This works but updating the chroot from B always re-downloads all the
12 > packages since the first time I created the chroot, not only those from
13 > the last update. I suppose portage maintains a database of the installed
14 > packages that I need to copy back to the removable media after each
15 > system A update, but where is it?
16
17 In the distfiles directory.
18 If you leave those, it will not download them again.
19
20 If those are removed all the time, you end up re-downloading them.
23 Joost