From: Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Init sequence
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:36:39
1 I'ld like to know how the sequence of init scripts is set up.
2 There are such functions as after() and before() (f.i., in net.lo),
3 and commands like before, need, after in depend() functions (f.i., in
4 cupsd).
5 I'ld like to understand:
6 - what's the difference between after/before commands and functions;
7 - where/how the commands' arguments (f.i., net in use net, nfs in
8 before nfs, etc.) are defined.
9 Moreover, I'd like to know if it's possible to verify the actual
10 sequence of the init scripts. I can look at the commands that a make
11 command would execute but do not execute them, or at the problems
12 reported by fsck avoiding to repair them, by the -n option.
13 Could I check an init sequence in a similar way?
14 Thanks
15 Sergio
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list