From: Chen Huan <chenhuan0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system lag with gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r2
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:54:03
1 I am the same problems with 2.6.35, now I downgrade to 2.6.34-r6, it is
2 normal till now
3
4 2010/8/23 Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com>
5
6 > Thanks Mark, I'll look into that config option, and try again with top
7 > open.
8 >
9 > In this case I was doing a home backup to a 1TB WD Caviar black formatted
10 > as ext3.
11 >
12 > I also have a raid0 with 2 other non-WD sata drives, and a single WD
13 > velociraptor I can test
14 > with.
15 >
16 > It also doesn't sound too far off that FF could be the culprit (mentioned
17 > above), as I have it
18 > open all the time, and so far it's been the first place I've noticed these
19 > hiccups. That could
20 > be coincidence though, as I've pretty much always got it open and these
21 > hiccups are
22 > system wide.