From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] FOSS history books
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 15:41:10
1 On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Claudio Roberto França Pereira <
2 spideybr@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I've ordered Rebel Code: Linux And The Open Source Revolution, from
5 > Glyn Moody, but I just realized it's pretty old, from January 2001, 11
6 > years ago.
7 > Of course I'll love reading it, but I'd like to complete this "study"
8 > with the 2000 developments of FOSS. Linux 2.6, HAL life-cycle, GCC
9 > evolution, Ubuntu creation, Mozilla history, Google rising like a
10 > rocket. Anyone know a good recommendation in this subject?
11 >
12 > --
13 > Claudio Roberto França Pereira
17 All of these are not entirely historical:
18
19 - Hackers, heroes of the computer revolution, Steven Levy
20 - Open Advice, Lydia Pintscher
21 - Two Bits. The Cultural Significance of Free Software, Kelty
22 - The Power of Open, Creative Commons
23 - The Success of Open Source. Steven Weber
24 - Perspectives on Open Source Software,
25 http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?tid=10477&ttype=2
30 Andrés Becerra Sandoval