From: Daniel Waeber <_wabu@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] netfilter: -P INPUT DROP in kernel
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:50:57
1 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > (By the way, please do not reply to another message when starting a
3 > new topic.)
4 >
5 > Benno
6
7 Sorry for that. So I start a new thread now.
10 > Daniel Waeber wrote:
11 >> I was looking for a way to set the default rule for the INPUT
12 >> chain to DROP. I do not want to change the rule with iptables -P
13 >> INPUT DROP after loading the kernel, I want that the
14 >> kernel/modules automatically DROPS everything after it has been
15 >> loaded.
16 >> You can do this with the FORWARD chain with the parameter
17 >> forward=0, but nothing is implemented for the INPUT chain as far
18 >> as i know. I looked inside the kernel source of the modules, and
19 >> hey, it is easy to change. I recompiled the module, reloaded it.
20 >> Perfect, now i have default DROP.
21 >> But as it is so easy to edit, why is there no option in the
22 >> kernel or a parameter for the module
23 >
24 > Make a patch that adds this parameter, allowing one to set the
25 > default policy for the input chain (and output chain too), and
26 > submit it to the kernel list. Or show it here first. I'd be
27 > interested.
28
29 Because I'm new to Linux, this is my first patch, so i don't know if
30 everything is done right. Perhaps someone can examine it before I send
31 it to kernel.org. I added code so you can pass the parameter "input=0"
32 and "output=0" to the iptable_filter module to change the policies. It's
33 the same code already implemented for the forward chain, which can be
34 set to 0 to drop, 1 to accept.
35 I don't now if how/if this parameter can be passed, if netfilter is
36 build inside the kernel, so perhaps this is not the perfect solution.
37
38 Have fun with a default denying firewall :)

patch text/plain