From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lockup and freeze
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:00:26
1 On Tuesday 01 November 2005 11:17, Tamas Sarga wrote:
2 > I have a problem. My PC lockups time to time with the attached dmesg. It
3 > occurs once or twice a week. After a minute or so it comes back, and the
4 > computer works again. At last time it dropped lost interrupts into
5 > dmesg, but I can't save it because it didn't come back after ten minutes
6 > and I had to reset the machine.
7 > What can be the problem? What other informations do you need?
8
9 I'd say your hard drive/ide controller is about to die, or perhaps the cable
10 isn't seated properly or broken.
11 Check that the IDE cable is seated properly, and not damaged at all.
12 Install, and run, smartmontools. That could give you loads of info.
15 Mike Williams
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list