From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video editing advice on formats and size of file
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 02:00:02
1 David Haller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Fri, 23 Dec 2011, Dale wrote:
5 >> Is there some secret spice that I am missing or something? Why can't
6 >> I take two videos and splice them together and it be something close
7 >> to the two file sizes added together?
8 > If resolutions and codec match, simply use mkvmerge:
9 >
10 > mkvmerge -o out.mkv in1.avi in2.avi ...
11 >
12 > HTH,
13 > -dnh
16 Going to put this in the savers file for later. I sort of found a tool
17 that works and it has a GUI. :-) May test this tho. Other tool may
18 stop working one day and we all know plan Bs are good to have. Since
19 this is Linux, we can go all the way to plan Z. Lots of options.
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
27
28 Miss the compile output? Hint:
29 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"