From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Ripping "enhanced" CDs with abcde/cdparanoia
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 16:13:58
1 On 2018-03-04 14:01, Lasse Pouru wrote:
2
3 > You know, the ones with video or software tracks shoehorned into the
4 > end. Whenever I try to rip one with abcde I get the error "selected
5 > span contains non audio track at track X", even when I've chosen a
6 > range not containing track X (e.g. abcde 1-11, 12 being the non-audio
7 > track). Grip rips the same CDs just fine, but I'd prefer to use a
8 > command-line tool. I'm using cdparanoia with both abcde and grip, so
9 > is this a bug in abcde or am I doing something wrong?
10
11 I tried abcde some time ago, but the idea of doing all that in a single
12 shell script (abcde is that) gave me doubts about its robustness.
13
14 What I do now for ripping is run cdparanoia myself from the command line
15 like this:
16
17 cdparanoia -Bq -- 1-
18
19 this gives me a set of numbered files named like track01.cdda.wav,
20 track01.cdda.wav etc. Then I have my own scripts to convert and massage
21 the wav files. I don't know what cdparanoia would do with one of the
22 enhanced discs, but I think at worst you could limit it to the audio
23 tracks like this:
24
25 cdparanoia -Bq -- 1-10
26
27 (assuming there are 10 audio tracks).
28
29 Long ago there was a text-mode integrated ripper called crip, but I
30 don't see it packaged for gentoo.
33 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
34 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
35 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
36 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.