From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [ot General Textmode q]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:09:31
1 On 2009-09-22, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Harry Putnam writes:
3 >
4 >> Can any one tell me how to copy with mouse (really the left mouse
5 >> button provided on the touchpad) but paste from keyboard while in text
6 >> (console) mode? Or using the touch pad thing somehow. I've tried
7 >> pressing both touchpad buttons at once to emulate middle mouse but it
8 >> has no effect.
9 >
10 > It should. Do you have 'Option "Emulate3Buttons" "false"' in your xorg.conf?
11 > Also see Option "Emulate3Timeout" (man mousedrv).
12
13 One assumes that "console mode" means he's not running X.
14
15 That said, I presume gpm holds the answer. But, I don't run gpm
16 and don't know much about it...
19 Grant