From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 20:55:56
1 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
2 >
3 > cantor uses R as default backend. R uses fortran. And yes, that's because of
4 > its speed, when it comes to mathematics and numerics.
7 > Michael
11 I put it back like it was. Heck, if I don't, something else will need
12 it later on and portage will puke on my keyboard about it being
13 disabled. As it is now, portage will do what is best since the devs
14 tell it what to do. I know they know more about this than I do.
15
16 I guess my first post was correct after all. Enable fortran USE flag
17 and keep things as it was before it got changed. It was working fine.
18
19 Dale
20