From: mortuusdiabolos <mortuusdiabolos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Keyboard sometimes does'nt work
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:40:49
1 Hello,
2 i've just installed gentoo with kernel 2.6.27-r8 on a fujitsu-siemens
3 Amilo 1655G laptop and it works perfectly.
4 But sometimes happens that the keyboard wont be recognised by the kernel
5 after boot.
6 So i looked at dmesg output.
7 Normally the following lines appear, but in non working case they don't:
8
9 input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input3
10 input: PS/2 Mouse as /class/input/input4
11 input: AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint as /class/input/input5
12
13 Maybe somebody had the same problem and can tell me whats wrong.
14
15 I've added dmesg output for both cases.

dmesg_works.txt text/plain
dmesg_doesntwork.txt text/plain