From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PacketShader - firewall using GPU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:47:59
1 Pandu Poluan <pandu <at> poluan.info> writes:
2
3 > Saw this on the pfSense list:
4 > http://shader.kaist.edu/packetshader/
5 > anyone interested in trying?
6
7 To make my rant complete, here a few links
8 for those proactive (young and brilliant) minds:
9
10 http://netfpga.org/
11
12 http://opencores.org/
13
14 I suggest these sites, as over the years some
15 programmers that are accomplished, move into the
16 programmable hardware arena (FPGA etc) and
17 develop an extraordinary clarity of problem
18 solving. Much more so than folks with PH.d
19 in Hardware. Hardware is not hard to understand
20 and pushing the envelop is more about your coding
21 skills than knowledge of hardware, imho.
24 James