From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RTL8723BE and RTL8111/8168/8411
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 06:43:01
1 On Tuesday 03 Mar 2015 04:48:11 German wrote:
2 > Now when my system is finally booted, I would like someone walk me through
3 > the kernel config menu ( I couldn't locate the modules during install).
4 > Aformentioned modules are in the subject line.
5 >
6 > Is syntax in /etc/conf.d/modules valid? Just want to make sure.
7 >
8 > modules_2_6="3c59x"
9 ^^^^
10 This should be 'modules_3_18=' assuming that you are using kernel version
11 3.18.7 or some such. For the name of the module run
12
13 cd /usr/src/linux
14
15 make menuconfig
16
17 and look at the help tab of the respective module, when it will mention the
18 module name in lower case letters.
21 > And finally, I'd like ( if possible) that my system on console displays
22 > gentoo logo instead of default three logos ( why are three of them anyway
23 > ) and compile in smaller fonts to use on my console. If someone walk me
24 > through how this can be done, this would be also great. Thanks so much!
25
26 I am not sure what you are referring to here ... the penguins shown at the
27 start of the booting process? If yes, then these represent the number of CPU
28 cores you have.
29
30 Before you start changing fonts you better configure X with the appropriate
31 firmware, so that your console can use the KMS framebuffer to render fonts in
32 console. You can follow guidance here:
33
34 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Xorg/Configuration
37 Regards,
38 Mick