From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Hooray for Gentoo CD developers
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 03:34:03
1 I must say once again I'm deeply impressed and thankful for the folks
2 at Gentoo. My Windows Vista laptop has taken a dump. I'm reasonably
3 sure the hardware is OK but like everything M$ you pile on driver
4 after driver, virus protection and firewalls, junk after junk after
5 junk, and finally the darn things just die. Mine did today.
6
7 I've always hated that this machine wasn't dual boot but for numerous
8 reasons it's been impossible for the last 10 months to rebuild the
9 whole machine. Now I get a chance.
10
11 Why do I love the Gentoo devs? Smart folks managed to give me a 2007.0
12 CD that reads NTFS file systems allowing me to get off the little bit
13 of stuff that wasn't backed up. Looks like absolutely nothing will be
14 lost.
15
16 Wonderful, wonderful people!
17
18 Cheers, thanks and a beer the next time you're in town,
19 Mark
20
21 P.S. - Sending to this list for the most coverage. I hope someone on
22 that team reads this list.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list