From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost nameserver
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:55:57
1 On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 18:14:32 +0100
2 Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 09 March 2007 17:47, Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:30:51 +0100, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
6 > > > There is a text line saying that the file was "created by the net
7 > > > scripts" so I guess resolv.conf gets re-created at each boot, but
8 > > > I don't find in which "net script" I should pour the nameserver
9 > > > information so that it gets into resolv.conf each time.
10 > >
11 > > /etc/conf.d/net
12 > >
13 > > Set dns_servers_eth0 (or whatever is correct for your network
14 > > interface).
15 > >
16 > > It looks like the system is currently trying to set them by DHCP
17 > > but your DHCP server is not giving out DNS information.
18 >
19 > Thanks, I'll try that.
20 >
21 > As a matter of fact my DHCP server can't give out DNS information as
22 > I have no DHCP server and use fixes IPs :)
23 >
24 In that case, you may not want to use DHCP to configure your devices ; )
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list