From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't find init due to inconsistent drive order
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:16:51
1 On 2013-07-02, Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 02:42:15PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >>
4 >>> You don't need to switch to GPT for that. I have a DOS partitioned disk and
5 >>> "blkid" prints the LABEL and UUID for each partition.
6 >>
7 >> And you can pass those values to the kernel via the "root=" parameter?
8 >
9 > That still requires an initrd/initramfs, iirc.
10
11 The PARTUUID= parition specifier format is handled directly by kernel
12 code, so I don't see why it should require an initrd (unless the UUID
13 values for MBR partitions aren't actually something the kernel knows
14 about and are something made up from whole cloth by the blkid program)
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... I have read the
18 at INSTRUCTIONS ...
19 gmail.com