From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Hardware Problems causing kernel panics during large compiles
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:52:22
1 On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I would instantly agree, but backing off the unlock and oc doesn't improve
3 > the situation.  I can try text console with the onboard graphics and see
4 > what happens.
5
6 I would second Michael's suggestion that you completely remove the
7 NVidia board from the box, at least for testing. Remove any other
8 cards that you can. Additionally boot using gentoo=nox to do some
9 testing. If you get the cards out and boot only to a text console then
10 you can eliminate those cards as contributing to the problem.
11
12 Just a suggestion.
13
14 Good lick,