From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: remove fancy framebuffer on boot
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 16:33:59
1 On 27/10/12 19:22, Tami King wrote:
2 > I have a new laptop and when it boots after the initial start up the
3 > output goes from a larger text to something very small with the penguins
4 > displayed. My desktop doesn't do this and I am pretty sure that I shut
5 > if off there and I don't remember what I did and my searches haven't
6 > turned up anything useful at this point. If I don't want framebuffer
7 > with the images and small text, what do I need to do to get rid of it?
8
9 You can brutally murder poor Tux with:
10
11 logo.nologo
12
13 in your kernel parameters. As for the font, you should select a bigger
14 one in /etc/conf.d/consolefont. There's information in that file on
15 where to find the available choices.