From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ro /
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 12:16:07
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 05:35:09 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> When I do a upgrade and need to know what processes or services need to
5 >> be restarted, I use this command that someone posted about on here a
6 >> long time ago.
9 >> root@fireball / # equery b checkrestart
10 >> * Searching for checkrestart ...
11 >> app-admin/checkrestart-0.47-r3 (/usr/sbin/checkrestart)
12 > There's also needrestart that is a little more intelligent, can
13 > optionally restart services for you and also works with systemd as well
14 > as old school init systems.
18 I wasn't aware of that one. I read, in the script I think, that
19 checkrestart isn't smart and needs a human eye. I'll try needrestart
20 and see if it works better.
21
22 This may help the OP, Michael, me and others reading this and unaware.
23
24 Thanks.
25
26 Dale