From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] For net-print/hplip users
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:17:59
1 I've just spent an annoying two days trying to un-break my HP multifunction
2 printer/fax/scanner, and I hope I can spare some of you the same trouble.
3
4 My symptoms were that I couldn't send a fax using hp-sendfax, which has been
5 working very well for years -- until now.
6
7 After much floundering I finally tried deleting my existing cups printers
8 and allowing hp-setup to create new ones. All better now :)
9
10 There may be more than one way to delete cups printers, I dunno, but I used
11 the cups http interface by typing 'http://localhost:631' in my firefox URL bar
12 (cupsd must be running for this to work).