From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng: how to read the log files
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 14:56:33
1 On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:57 AM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> writes:
3 >> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 6:41 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> I can't even read them on a working system.
6 >>
7 >> If that's true (which I highly doubt, more probably you don't know how to
8 >> read them), then it's a bug and should be reported and fixed.
9 >
10 > I read log files with less. The bug is that systemd uses some sort of
11 > binary files, and they aren't going to fix it. They even won't fix
12 > their misunderstanding of what "disabled" means. So why make bug
13 > reports?
14
15 The systemd developers' use of disable/mask isn't wrong simply because
16 you disagree with them.
17
18 "systemctl disable unit" is the same as "blacklist module": the
19 unit/module can be loaded manually or as a dependency.
20
21 "systemctl mask unit" is the same as "install module /bin/true": the
22 unit/module can't be loaded.