From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] 3ware SATA Raid
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:03:03
1 So, I'm finally going to buy a 3ware 9550sx SATA Raid board.
2
3 >From what I've read, it is well supported by linux and it should do true
4 hardware raid (ie, the OS sees only one drive). Anyway, I found little
5 documentation about the so-called hot-swap feature.
6 As I understand it, that means one should be able to remove a faulty disk
7 from the array, and subsequently insert a new disk, all without powering
8 off the machine, and with the OS being unaware of what's going on. Is my
9 understanding correct or am I too optimistic?
10
11 More generally, what are your opinions/experiences with 3ware boards?
12
13 Thanks
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list