From: Naga Toro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] should dual-core Pentium Processor Extreme Edition be recognized as two processors or one?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 16:31:04
1 On Saturday 12 May 2007 18.03.07 Denis wrote:
2 > I'm setting up a fresh Gentoo box, which is based on a Pentium
3 > Processor Extreme Edition 840 (Smithfield = 2 Prescott cores) mounted
4 > on an Intel D955XBK board - it's that expensive dual-core deal with
5 > hyperthreading enabled.
6 >
7 > I am still working on the basic set-up for Gentoo, such as customizing
8 > USE flags, and haven't set up X or any desktops yet. I configured and
9 > compiled the latest gentoo-sources kernel - 2.6.20-gentoo-r8, and
10 > booted from it. Seems to run with no error messages or warnings.
11 >
12 > But when I load "top", it only lists stats about one processor.
13
14 Here top only sees one cpu, but if I use htop or look at /proc/couinfo I have
15 two, might be an option to top?
18 Naga
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list