From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Corrupt USB pen drive
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:11:42
1 On Thursday 17 May 2007 12:51, Elias Probst wrote:
2 > On Thursday 17 May 2007 13:36:25 Mick wrote:
3
4 > > I tried to dd the boot sector so that I can look at it on my hard drive,
5 > > but it cannot access /dev/sda. Is there anything that I can do with my
6 > > Gentoo to recover the files on this USB?
7 >
8 > Try the PhotoRec tool from app-admin/testdisk
9 > It recovers a lot of different file formats.
10
11 Thanks Elias,
12
13 I tried photorec, but it will only see mounted partitions. :-(
16 Regards,
17 Mick