From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dialup + IPv6?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:14:39
1 Hi,
2
3 i have a normal DSL-connection. My provider only supplies a IPv4 address
4 - and so my ppp0 does not have a IPv6 address. The IPv4 of ppp0 address
5 changes every 24 hours.
6
7 So i'd like to be abled to use IPv6 from my LAN which sits behind my
8 Gentoo-based DSL router.
9
10 I think, that 6to4 would be right for me. If i do a traceroute to the
11 192.88.99.1 (the host, that all the 6to4 packets goto), i get contact
12 after really few hops. Great!
13
14 I'm facing many many questions. My friend is telling me, that in theory,
15 i would be abled to use IPv6 addresses based on the 6to4-address of the
16 IPv4 address of my ppp0 - but that changes every 24 hours.
17
18 A MASQ-target seems not to be available for IPv6 - so if my router
19 disconnects/reconnets, all the computers in my LAN will have to change
20 their IPv6 address.
23 Has anyone ever tried to supply his homenetwork with IPv6 through a
24 normal IPv6 connection?
25 If so, did it work? And what did you do?
28 Thanks.
29
30 Sven
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list