From: Andrew Syrewicze <asyrewicze@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DRM Permissions problems with fglrx driver (Solved)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:33:45
1 On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 21:51 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Andrew Syrewicze wrote:
3 > > Hello List,
4 > >
5 > > This is probably something really simple, but if you don't know, you
6 > > just don't know. I tried looking around on the forums a bit and didn't
7 > > find anything there either.
8 > >
9 > > I just finished installing the ATI-drivers package, and succesfully got
10 > > X running with the ATI generated xorg.conf file. When i run glxgears as
11 > > a standard user i get the following:
12 > >
13 > > ~ $ glxgears
14 > > libGL error: open DRM failed (Operation not permitted)
15 > > libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
16 > > 4642 frames in 5.1 seconds = 913.481 FPS
17 >
18 > You need to make the DRI devices world writable. Append this to your
19 > xorg.conf:
20 >
21 > Section "DRI"
22 > Mode 0666