From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kwin-4.1 sometimes leaves konsole undecorated
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 07:12:08
1 On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Maybe someone here has seen this before:
5 >
6 > amd64
7 > 2.6.26-gentoo
8 > KDE-4.1
9 > nVidia 8600M GT
10 > nvidia-drivers-177.13 (latest unstable)
11 > nvidia OpenGL
12 > xorg-server-1.4.99.906
13 >
14 > Yes, it's bleeding-edge :-) This is in an effort to get some
15 > performance out
16 > of what should be a very decent video card. It also eats
17 > babies, or more often
18 > the window decorations on konsole.
19 >
20 > About once a day I find my konsole is no longer decorated, and
21 > I can't get
22 > kwin to put them back. I could close and open konsole but
23 > that's a hassle and
24 > involves re-doing the umpteen sessions I always have open. I
25 > tried "kwin --
26 > replace" but that crashes KDE and/or X (not sure which)
27 >
28 > Is there an easy way to get kwin-4.1 to redecorate a single
29 > open window?
30 >
31 > --
32 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
35 I don't know about the bug, but screen can safe you the hassle of
36 having to open all your sessions again?