From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:11:01
1 120129 Dale wrote:
2 > I got a friend that wants me to put Linux on his rig.
3 > It has a floppy drive and he does use it for files he has on floppies.
4 > How good is support nowadays?
5
6 I haven't used diskettes for a couple of years,
7 but when I did, 'mtools' was the pkg I used to use to manage them.
8 Like your other advisor, I never automount devices (with Fluxbox),
9 but goto my Root desktop & manually mount them from there.
10 Mtools takes care of all that, however, for diskettes.
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca