From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Boot up error messages. Init thingy needed now??
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 18:33:35
1 Howdy,
2
3 I had a drive to fail and removed it. When booting back up, I noticed
4 these errors flying by at close to warp speed. I dug in the log to see
5 what they were about. I hope this pastes in a readable way.
6
7 /bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
8 * Starting lvmetad ... [ ok ]
9 /bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
10 * Setting up the Logical Volume Manager ...
11 /run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory
12 WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to internal scanning.
13 [ ok ]
14 /bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
15 /etc/init.d/device-mapper: line 64: awk: command not found
16 /etc/init.d/device-mapper: line 65: uniq: command not found
17 /etc/init.d/device-mapper: line 64: awk: command not found
18 /etc/init.d/device-mapper: line 65: uniq: command not found
19 /bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
20
21 << SNIP >>
22
23 /bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
24 /etc/init.d/chronyd: line 30: awk: command not found
25 * Starting chronyd ...
26 * start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/chronyd does not exist
27 * Failed to start chronyd
28 [ !! ]
29 * ERROR: chronyd failed to start
30 /bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
33 I had it set to run fsck on all file systems so I snipped that part
34 out. It's just clutter for what I am needing to know. Anyway, when I
35 got booted up, the chrony process did not start. The LVM stuff did
36 retry later but who knows how long it will be before that changes. LVM
37 and chrony seems to be having a issue with not having awk, uniq and
38 such. The setlocale error has been around since like forever. I don't
39 guess it matters to much. :-D
40
41 Does it appear that LVM is going to require a init thingy to get a clean
42 boot or is it something else? I sorta hope it is something else. That
43 init thingy is not a path I want to go down again. May switch away from
44 LVM and try something else.
45
46 Oh, I am using evdev.
47