From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] "emerge -ef world" and "eclean --destructive distfiles" do not agree
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:39:47
1 On Saturday 23 February 2008, Erik wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon skrev:
3
4 > > This looks like a --bdeps situation.
5 >
6 > That was it, thanks!
7 >
8 > > I can think of two ways to accomplish what you are asking for
9 > >
10 > > - use "--with-bdeps y" or include it in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS
11 > > - put klibc in world
12 >
13 > I did the first way. Now I can run "emerge -ef world;eclean
14 > --destructive distfiles" repeatedly without anything being
15 > downloaded. (The second way is not what I want. The only reason I
16 > have klibc is to build v86d.)
17
18 Cool, I'm glad we got to the bottom of it.
19
20 I keep forgetting about --with-bdeps myself. Like you, I usually assume
21 that emerge world will just handle everything, maybe because that was
22 the only way for a very long time. It was several posts before I even
23 remembered that the option exists!
24
25 I wonder if there isn't a way to get emerge to list build deps that
26 won't be applied. Perhaps something like an extra "l" argument
27 to --with-bdeps that will list them if present, but not apply them. I
28 would find that useful, I like to know what portage won't do as well as
29 what it will do.
30
31 Anyone know if this info is available and how to get it?
34 Alan McKinnon
35 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list