From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A directory name with spaces in it?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:19:42
1 Alexander Fortwinder schrieb:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I'm downloading a torrent file which created a directory name with spaces, so when I try to access it in bash,
5 > it is reported as not being found.
6
7 What did you do? What was the *EXACT* command?
8
9 > How do I deal with it?
10
11 Correctly :)
14 > For example, /home/This is a some directory
15
16 cd /home/This\ \ is\ a\ \ \ some\ directory
17
18 As I close to always use tab expansion, I'd type
19
20 cd /home/This<tab>and get what I wrote above.
23 Alexander Skwar
24 --
25 On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
26 - everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS.
27 -- Tarl Neustaedter
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list