From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc and glibc. Which unstable to pick?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 21:36:51
1 On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > As the list knows, I been having random lock ups on my system.  I'm in the
3 > process of one last emerge -e world but I'm not holding my breath it will
4 > change anything.  So, I'm wanting to try a unstable version of both gcc and
5 > glibc.
6
7 Do what you will but this seems a very radical step to take at this
8 point. It seems to me you are assuming there are bugs in gcc and glibc
9 that are both effecting you now and will be fixed in the new versions.
10 I'm not sure that logic really holds water.
11
12 Wouldn't you be possibly better off to learn to run gdb on Firefox and
13 look for problems in a more conventional way?
14
15 Did you manage to remove all plugins from Firefox and prove it's not a
16 Flash or Java issue?
17
18 - Mark