From: Mine GO BOOM <minegoboom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Accidently removed gcc-lib
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 05:51:41
1 My motherboard on my Gentoo machine died, so I upgraded the system to
2 a much more powerful machine I had laying around. Figuring now that I
3 can actually compile things faster (went from a low-grade Via CPU to
4 AMD 1700+), I went around and figured it was time to clean up some
5 stuff.
6
7 After removing old version of things I thought I didn't need and were
8 not listed as being a dependency of any other applications, I found
9 out that my /usr/lib/gcc-lib is no longer valid. Old versions have
10 symlinks to the current, so when emerge was removing old files, it
11 followed the symlink and removed out everything in 3.3.6, leaving
12 empty symlinks.
13
14 What could I do to rebuilt /usr/lib/gcc-lib? Or do I need to copy this
15 from a prebuild stage tarball and then have reemerge something?
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list