From: Heiko Nock <hnock@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:44:05
1 On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 09:46:41PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2
3 > > I've just read your outdated page
4 > It is not outdated. Since more than a year, there is no visible development
5 > in cdrkit.
6
7 Not visible to you. cdrkit-1.1.8 at http://cdrkit.org/releases/ is
8 dated 25.05.2008. It would be prudent for them to bring their website
9 up-to-date, though.
10
11 > So I asume that they did not add new bugs.
12
13 Maybe you should assume less and research more.
14
15 > > <http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>. Where you
16 > > listed specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine
17 > > they'd affect most users). Most of what you cite as bugs are just
18 > > features they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they
19 > > have since you wrote that page).
20 > This is obviously FUD: Just because you don't already know that you
21 > are affected does not mean that you are not affected.
22
23 Of course not. Even the linux-kernel mailing-list hasn't seen your
24 light, yet.
25
26 > It would be fun to see you in 5 years after your then current OS
27 > won't read your DVDs anymore because of the bugs in the filesystem
28 > structure.
29
30 It would be fun if you would finally stop trolling forums, newsgroups
31 and mailing-lists and keep your FUD and ego problems to yourself. You
32 obviously take it as a personal insult that cdrtools was snubbed by
33 some distributions and that somebody else is working on a replacement.
34 Your constant ridicule and insults of a project you shouldn't care
35 about at all is very telling, considering the alleged superiority of
36 your own project.
37
38 Thankfully, the GPL allows forks to eventually get rid of project
39 leaders like you.
42 >P.S. der neue Automat da oben ist echt ein Scherzkeks. Will Noten
43 >annehmen hat aber keinen Schlitz dafür.
44 probier doch mal, was zu singen, vielleicht hat er ja ein Mikrofon
45 -- Matthias Dingeldein in de.etc.bahn.misc
46 --
47 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list