From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] installing /usr/portage/games*
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:34:58
1 Hello,
2
3 I've got a gentoo machine for kids (actually several), who have requested more
4 games. Although there are many games installed, I poked around and found these
5 dirs under /usr/portage:
6
7 dev-games
8 games-action
9 games-arcade
10 games-board
11 games-emulation
12 games-engines
13 games-fps
14 games-kids
15 games-misc
16 games-mud
17 games-puzzle
18 games-roguelike
19 games-rpg
20 games-server
21 games-simulation
22 games-sports
23 games-strategy
24 games-util
25
26 Also I have manually added games such as frozen-bubble, enigma and smclone.
27
28 Rather that go throught them one at a timne, I'll like to install everything
29 possilbe in these dirs and create a list of games so that if a games is
30 not automagically added to the menu (like enigma was but smclone nor
31 froze-bubble where) then an index could exist to the games could be
32 browzed by name and launched into the framebuffer, ascii session
33 or whatever the games needs. Some will not be loadable at all
34 from the menu editor under KDE (framebuffer or ascii games....).
35 So I'd like a list of all of the games with the paths so they can be launched
36 manually. The games that can be launched from the KDE menu, it would be
37 nice if they were automatically included in the menu, without having
38 to invoke the menu editor manually for this. For example, adding supermario
39 (smclone) it had to be manually included into the KDE setup for each user
40 with a login account. I have the kde games installed but many more exist.
41
42 What I'm really looking for is a simple command syntax string
43 or script (program) to run that loads every game conceivable onto the machine.
44 That way I can support many gentoo machines for kids without extraordiary
45 keystrokes....
46
47 Thoughts or ideas?
48