From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] A little help on receiving mail
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 02:52:19
1 I'm having an issue when retreiving mail with fetchmail. It fails at
2 the handoff to local sendmail.
3
4 It happens with the default sendmail config sendmail.mc that is
5 shipped with sendmail when emerged.
6
7 It is a very abbreviated config that is desinged only for local mail I
8 think.
9
10 divert(-1)
11 divert(0)dnl
12 include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl
13 VERSIONID(`$Id$')dnl
14 OSTYPE(linux)dnl
15 DOMAIN(generic)dnl
16 FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')dnl
17 FEATURE(`local_lmtp',`/usr/sbin/mail.local')dnl
18 define(`confTRUSTED_USER', `smmsp')dnl
19 MAILER(local)dnl
20 MAILER(smtp)dnl
21
22 And since this is a sort of one off situation where I only want to
23 receive mail on this host temporarily while repairing another host
24 where mail is normally retrieved.
25
26 I don't care at all about sending out mail... only receiving.
27
28 I'm pretty sure this line:
29
30 FEATURE(`local_lmtp',`/usr/sbin/mail.local')dnl
31
32 Is the culprit but wondered if anyone here can offer a bit of
33 sendmail.mc config that will allow this host to receive mail from my
34 pop servers thru fetchmail.
35
36 Before folks start with the `Egad what are you doing with sendmail
37 when "your favorite MTA" is so much better.....
38
39 Really not helpful in this case... I just need the most minimal
40 correction to sendmail.mc that will allow mail to be retreived.
41
42 Sorry I don't have the actual output from fetchmail on hand ... until
43 I can get chrooted into that host currently being worked on with
44 systemrescueCD.
45
46 Any suggestions for lines to add to sendmail.mc? And I assume
47 removing the quoted line is necessary as well.