From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody got OS/2 working under linux?
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:26:45
1 On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:32:08PM -0800, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 > Have you tried VMWare?
3 >
4 > The workstation version has a free 30 day trial (just emerge it).
5 >
6 > Then you can make a VM for OS/2 however you like it, and use the FREE VMWare
7 > Player to continue indefinitely.
8 >
9 > I suspect VMWare will work flawlessly for you -- it's pretty much the single
10 > best piece of software ever written.
11
12 I'm not sure.... I tried to install OS/2 under VMWare a while back and
13 at the time VMWare didn't support OS/2 (something about the memory
14 management or something). Not sure if this has changed in the 5.x
15 series or not, but it's something to check.
16
17 Good luck though!
21 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
23 "Backups are for people who don't pray." -- big Mike
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list