From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] aterm into kterm?
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:38:57
1 On my laptop the terminal emulator is currently aterm. (I know, I
2 know, I really should switch to rxvt-unicode already. But I am about
3 to get a new machine soon, so am too lazy to deal with it now.)
4
5 But when I ssh into other computers, and issue echo $TERM it shows
6 kterm. Now this has caused me a bit of headache due to curses and
7 dialog behaving funny, and I just found out today that if I export
8 TERM=xterm after logging in, all my woes went away.
9
10 Now, at work, the machines run some custom version of linux and I am
11 not sure what the terminals are. And I also often use the VT and not
12 use X on my laptop, so I am disinclined to set TERM in .bashrc.
13
14 Is there any good way so that when I ssh into a machine using aterm
15 I can set TERM=xterm, while leaving everything else alone since they
16 work okay?
17
18 W
19 --
20 Statistics are like a Bikini:
21 showing interesting details but hiding the important stuff.
22 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1025 days, 16:27