From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Curious emerge behaviour.
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 05:40:42
1 On Thursday 03 July 2008, James Homuth wrote:
2 > I went to run emerge update, and it threw this curious little block
3 > loop at me. "emerge --pretend --quiet --update --deep world"
4 > produces: [blocks B ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking
5 > sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2)
6 >
7 > [blocks B ] >=sys-apps/coreutils-6.10 (is blocking
8 > sys-apps/mktemp-1.5)
9 >
10 > Anyone else having this particular problem? Is it a compatibility
11 > issue with either coreutils or mktemp? I'm assuming removing the one
12 > will eliminate it, but if it's a needed package I'd rather not chance
13 > it. Any info on this one would be greatly appreciated.
14
15 Pretty standrad blocker - been around for a while on ~arch.
16
17 coreutils now provides what used to be in mktemp, so
18
19 emerge -C mktemp ; emerge coreutils
20
21 will sort it