From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Found eth0, what's depreciated
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:11:02
1 On 1/5/07, ericzen@××××××.com <ericzen@××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Good call Karl; I had been thinking of an older system when I modprobed
4 > what I thought was my card. It still didn't work after a modprobing, but
5 > I compiled it straight in, and it worked just fine.
6 >
7 > Thank you, Karl.
8 >
9 > Just out of curiosity (to the list in general), to undepreciate my eth0,
10 > is that just making the net.eth0 file, or am I missing something?
11 >
12 > -Eric
13
14 I don't mean to be pedantic, but you mean "deprecate," I assume,
15 unless you're worried your network card isn't worth what it once was.
16
17 Could you post more info? I.e. specific error messages, so on. IIRC,
18 you need to link net.eth0 to net.lo, configure /etc/conf.d/net (as
19 explained in /etc/conf.d/net.example) and /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start.
20
21 If you get error messages, please post those, along with the relevant
22 part of /etc/conf.d/net
25 Ryan W Sims
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list