From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is the "Messages for package ..." output from emerge logged somewhere?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 21:42:19
1 On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 16:35:58 -0500,
2 Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Is the "Messages for package ..." output from emerge logged somewhere?
7 >
8 > I'd like to re-read the "Messages for package ..." output from
9 > emerge after the fact. Is there a concise collection of that
10 > somewhere? Or do I have to pilfer through logs of each and every
11 > package to find it?
12 >
13 > I'm hoping that the "Messages for package ..." output that shows
14 > up at the end of an emerge (e.g. @system or @world) is
15 > conveniently available.
19 If you have save_summary (check spelling) in your make.conf then they
20 are in /var/log/portage/elog/summary.txt .
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici wb2una