From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help networking two machines.
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:13:46
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi
5 >>
6 >> I have done this before. Maybe something has changed because I can not
7 >> get it to work now. My main rig is called smoker. The second rig is
8 >> currently booted off the CD. I plan to use my main rig to sync and get
9 >> distfiles off of. This is off smokers /etc/conf.d/net file:
10 >>
11 >> < snip >
12 >>
13 >> Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? It has to be me. It almost
14 >> always is.
15 >>
16 >> Thanks for the help.
17 >>
18 >> Dale
19 >>
20 >> :-) :-) :-)
25 > Hi, Dale
26 >
27 > I suspect you don't have a proper module for your network card loaded
28 > into the kernel. Is the interface of "rig-2" up? What does "ifconfig
29 > eth0" say?
33 When I type in ifconfig, it says it is up and running fine with the
34 correct address and all. lsmod shows the module is loaded. It is the
35 correct module as far as I can tell. It's the 8139 module.
36
37 When I ping from the CD booted computer to smoker, I see data in gkrellm
38 on smoker on eth0. It's getting there. I think iptables is blocking me
39 or something as silly as that.
40
41 Any ideas?
42