From: Marco Rebhan <me@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean wants to remove xf86-video-intel
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 19:48:38
1 On Monday, 14 March 2022 18:07:54 CET Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I was a bit startled thos morning when emerge --depclean wanted to
3 > remove xf86-video-intel. I presume this is a result of the switch to
4 > the "built in" modesetting driver? And there are no corresponding Xorg
5 > config changes that need to be made?
6
7 I've heard it's not necessarily needed, there's some information about it here
8 which I think should also apply to Gentoo:
9 https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Intel_graphics#Installation
10
11 -Marco