From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Impossible question... Swithcing from "no multilib" to "multilib"
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:03:25
1 On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:56:50 +0200 Andrea Momesso
2 <momesso.andrea@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > That's impossible, isn't it?
5 >
6 > Swithcing profile and reemerging everithing isn't gonna work? Even from a
7 > chroot?
8 >
9 > Should I reinstall a new stage from scratch? Adobe stopped providing
10 > flash for linux 64 bit, and I some of the sites I need to visit for work
11 > need it. Mantaining a chroot is not worth the effort, so I really want to
12 > switch.
13
14 The only time I had to do that I followed these instructions:
15
16 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_AMD_64#Howto_switch_to_multilib
17
18 and it did work just fine (I'm writing from that computer now).
19
20 ************ WARNING WARNING WARNING ************************
21
22 Take backups, consider that it might not work for you, etc.