From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE has lost some desktop mouse actions : solved
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 06:53:14
1 210127 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Some time ago, KDE lost the ability to assign to desktop Left-Click ;
3 > now it has also lost the ability to assign to desktop Middle-Click ;
4 > only desktop Right-Click remains, which cb assigned either to Context Menu
5 > or to Applications Launcher, both of which are useful :
6 > this is done in ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc.
7
8 In my e-mail archive, I found a msg from Dan Johansson 200102 :
9
10 > In ${HOME}/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
11 > I had for the Desktop layout in the [Containments][1] section :
12 > "plugin=org.kde.desktopcontainment". If I change this
13 > to "plugin=org.kde.plasma.folder" my Left-Click action works again.
14 > If I change it back, it stops working, so I looks like this is a issue.
15
16 That line was in [Containments][7],
17 but changing it as above does in fact restore the Left Button
18 & I now have that assigned to 'applauncher' & R-click to 'contextmenu'.
19
20 Does anyone know of a man or help file
21 for plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc ?
22
23 Belated thanks to Don.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca