From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu-kvm
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:54:10
1 On 07/15/11 20:24, john wrote:
2 > I am running a gentoo amd64 qemu-kvm virtual image on my gentoo amd64
3 > box.
4 >
5 > Everything is running well. Machine boots up and all looks to be ok.
6 >
7 > When I startx the screen goes purple (on guest) and locks up. The only
8 > error message I get is on host.
9 >
10 > KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
11 >
12 > I would guess this is a graphics issue but not entirely sure.
13 >
14 > I have tried -vga cirrus, std, vmware but all have the same effect.
15 >
16 > I have emerged these in guest as xorg-drivers.
17 >
18 > Any suggestions!
19
20 Are there any entries in /var/log/messages or /var/log/X.0.log on the
21 guest related to the lock up?