From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: start X at startup without a login manager
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 03:28:47
1 thank you all for the help!
2 the problem is finally solved.
3
4 thanks James! I realized that the bash is not a login shell when invoked
5 that way, and my locale variable in .bash_profile did not take effect. the
6 command line now becomes:
7
8 *su -l myname -c '-l' 'startx' *
9
10 and worked!
11
12 thanks Sebastian Günther, this is really a important comment in the man
13 page that I missed totally, I changed to "-l" instead to avoid the trick
16 and many nice login manager recommended here, I'll try them out later,
17 compiling QT or GNOME components is a heavy work for my poor celeron
18 processor.
22 thanks again..
23
24 fei