From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternatives to 2008.0 live-install CD
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:03:23
1 2009/6/2 Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>:
2 > I'm looking at it now. Why? There's nothing new there unless it's some
3 > link I haven't clicked yet.
6 Okay?
7
8 from http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/where.xml:
9
10 1. Release Information
11
12 Descriptions, release notes, roadmaps, sub-projects and a list of the
13 Gentoo Developers who work on the Gentoo release media can all be
14 found on our Release Engineering Project page.
15
16 Please consult our Gentoo Handbooks for more information on what to
17 download and how to install Gentoo.
18
19 Downloading Gentoo Linux
20
21 Gentoo Linux is available free over the Internet. You can download
22 Gentoo Linux from the appropriate iso and architecture link below or,
23 if you prefer BitTorrent, you may see a list of available torrents at
24 torrents.gentoo.org.
25
26 Gentoo Minimal Install CD and Stages
27
28 Our Release Engineering team provides minimal install CDs and stages
29 on a weekly basis. You can find these releases on any of our mirrors
30 in /releases/<arch>/current/. Not every architecture is updated on the
31 same day.
32
33 Since these releases are built automatically by Release Engineering
34 servers, there is some chance that a stage or CD may not be produced
35 for a given week. When this happens, just use the latest CD and stage
36 available. More releases are available on our mirrors in
37 /releases/<arch>/autobuilds/. Use this directory if there isn't
38 anything recent enough in current/.
39
40 _alpha amd64 hppa ia64 ppc sparc x86_ <----------- Here are the links
41 for the latest autobuilds and stages! I guess this is what you want!?
42
43 If you prefer to select a local mirror yourself, they are listed at
44 www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml.
45
46 Please consult our Gentoo Handbooks for more information on what to
47 download and how to install Gentoo.
52 Daniel Pielmeier